To reach the airline pilot theoretical certification, two options are possible:
A – Integrated training
This training is also called “ab initio” training, since no specific aeronautical experience is required. Candidates register to a flying school to follow a complete training program.
Various flying schools decided to subcontract the theoretical part of the training to the Institut MERMOZ.
Thus, the Institut MERMOZ signed privileged partnerships with TRIMAILLE AERO-FORMATION, AIRLINE PILOT ACADEMY TRAINING, DSA (Czech Republic) and EPAG-NG.
The Integrated option is mandatory for candidates that would not be PPL licensed.
B – Modular training
This option enable candidates to carry out a step by step training to reach the ATPL license.
- First, trainees have to validate their PPL license. The theoretical part can be easily validated at an Aeroclub. The Institut MERMOZ can help you selecting a nearby Aeroclub thanks to its partnership with the French Aeronautical Federation (FFA)
- Next, trainees have to validate their theoretical ATPL. Two options are possible :
- Carry-out a full time training program (10 months), in French or English, at Rungis or Toussus le Noble.
- Carry-out a distance training program, that includes a two weeks “on-site” session.
- Then, trainees have to validate a proper amount of flight hours. They also have to select a flying school to prepare for the CPL license and IR rating.
- Finally, trainees have to validate their MCC rating (Multi Crew Cooperation) at a flying school.
All of these steps are independent from each other.