To reach the airline pilot theoretical certification, two options are possible:
A – Integrated training
This training is also called “ab initio” training, since no specific aeronautical experience is required. Candidates register to a flying school to follow a complete training program.
Various flying schools decided to subcontract the theoretical part of the training to the Institut MERMOZ.
Thus, the Institut MERMOZ signed privileged partnerships with ASTONFLY (located in Toussus le Noble), TRIMAILLE AERO-FORMATION, AEROPYRENNEES and DSA (Czech Republic).
The Integrated option is mandatory for candidates that would not be PPL licensed.
B – Modular training
This option enable candidates to carry out a step by step training to reach the ATPL license.
- First, trainees have to validate their PPL license. The theoretical part can be easily validated at an Aeroclub. The Institut MERMOZ can help you selecting a nearby Aeroclub thanks to its partnership with the French Aeronautical Federation (FFA)
- Next, trainees have to validate their theoretical ATPL. Two options are possible :
- Carry-out a full time training program (10 months), in French or English, at Rungis or Toussus le Noble.
- Carry-out a distance training program, that includes a two weeks “on-site” session.
- Then, trainees have to validate a proper amount of flight hours. They also have to select a flying school to prepare for the CPL license and IR rating.
- Finally, trainees have to validate their MCC rating (Multi Crew Cooperation) at a flying school.
All of these steps are independent from each other.