A Flight Dispatcher is an airline employee in charge of the flight preparation and monitoring.
He’s responsible for preparing the pre-flight package to be delivered to the flight crew, in accordance with the regulatory and technical requirements (weather, navigation, rules of the air …).
His main tasks are :
- Supply for the airline flight preparation strategy: overflight authorisations, assistance…
- Flight preparation
- Ensure the aircraft and flight plan meet the technical and regulatory requirements
- Notify to the flight crew, the airline and other partners of any operational requirement for a flight.
- Be the flight crew preferred contact for any issue about airline operations. Relay any demand to the relevant department.
- Monitor the aircraft and provide assistance during the flight.